Monday 4 January 2010

Hi

Hi, I'm a research assistant in optoelectronics at the University of Leeds, and I thought I'd try something new with my research notekeeping here.

Most of the notes a scientific researcher makes are, frankly, pretty uninteresting to anyone else; they document the meticulous preparation of experiments, and countless dead ends. Every so often, the work pays off and some conclusive results are revealed, which can be published in journals or presented at conferences.

My aim here is to cover some of the middle-ground; the semi-interesting things that pop up along the way. Obviously, I won't be giving away any confidential material before I publish it. Instead, expect to find notes on experimental techniques and curiosities and my personal musings. This might be of some interest to other research scientists and engineers... maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment